Please make a note regarding the PL/pgSQL FOUND variable

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: tomtrias(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Please make a note regarding the PL/pgSQL FOUND variable
Date: 2023-11-02 16:42:19
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-createtableas.html

Since I was recently bitten by the fact that CREATE TABLE AS doesn't set the
PL/pgSQL variable FOUND, it would be nice if that were explicitly noted in
the documentation. Alternatively, if it COULD set the FOUND variable, that
would be great, although I realize the difficulty of that when coupled with
IF NOT EXISTS.