Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Nick Renders" <postgres(at)arcict(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe
Date: 2021-10-18 13:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

"Nick Renders" <postgres(at)arcict(dot)com> writes:
> Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
> It seems that the "-h localhost" parameter is triggering the issue. If I
> leave it out, pg_restore works without problems with multiple jobs. I
> have also tried specifying the IP number instead of "localhost", but
> that results in the same error.

Hmm ... do you have your firewall set up in any unusual way?
See System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Firewall ->
Firewall Options. On mine, the only checked box is
"Automatically allow built-in software to receive incoming
connections". I also have SSH enabled, though that doesn't
seem too relevant here.