Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe

From: "Nick Renders" <postgres(at)arcict(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe
Date: 2021-10-18 11:42:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.

It seems that the "-h localhost" parameter is triggering the issue. If I
leave it out, pg_restore works without problems with multiple jobs. I
have also tried specifying the IP number instead of "localhost", but
that results in the same error.

I see now that our original pg_restore script does not include the -h
parameter. Somehow, it has snuck in my commands when testing Postgres
14. That might mean that the same issue exists in previous versions as
well. I will investigate further.

Nick