Re: BUG #8469: Xpath behaviour unintuitive / arguably wrong

From: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8469: Xpath behaviour unintuitive / arguably wrong
Date: 2015-02-04 06:22:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Вилен Тамбовцев-2 wrote
> Actually, xpath()'s output is not original XML, at least there must be a
> function like XML_UNESCAPE() for current behavior
> otherwise there is no way to get proper xml with xpath

Based upon the link provided this has been acknowledged.

My personal opinion is that this is a bug (via omission) that the patch
introduced and that said patch author or committer should work to rectify.
Our XML/xpath handling is a large brick shy of a load if we do not provide a
way to make Unescaped text extraction possible.

David J.