Re: Regression tests fail with tzdata 2024b

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sven Klemm <sven(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: Wolfgang Walther <walther(at)technowledgy(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regression tests fail with tzdata 2024b
Date: 2024-09-17 05:42:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sven Klemm <sven(at)timescale(dot)com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 5:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Configurable to what? If your test cases are dependent on the
>> historical behavior of PST8PDT, you're out of luck, because that
>> simply isn't available anymore (or won't be once 2024b reaches
>> your platform, anyway).

> I was wondering whether the timezone used by pg_regress could be made
> configurable.

Yes, I understood that you were suggesting that. My point is that
it wouldn't do you any good: you will still have to change any
regression test cases that depend on behavior PST8PDT has/had that
is different from America/Los_Angeles. That being the case,
I don't see much value in making it configurable.