Re: Embedding postgresql in an application

From: Sam Talebbeik <sam777t(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Embedding postgresql in an application
Date: 2013-03-30 00:51:06
Lists: sfpug

Thanks to all who responded. My research so far has led me to this article where the author was able to do what I need on Windows. Perhaps the same steps work on Ubuntu.

http://www.petrikainulainen.net/programming/tips-and-tricks/installing-postgresql-9-1-to-windows-7-from-the-binary-zip-distribution/

I was also a bit surprised that he has used the binary distribution from enterprise db web site and apparently he has had success without using their installer. So, I thought I would ask the forum to get more feedback and confirmation.

Regards,
Sam