Re: Embedding postgresql in an application

From: Sam Talebbeik <sam777t(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Embedding postgresql in an application
Date: 2013-04-01 18:35:17
Lists: sfpug

There were good suggestions in this thread from sticking with apt-get to a VM based solution.

I was thinking about the article that I found which provided command line installations on Windows from a zip file. Although my original question was about the Ubuntu platform, I believe that the approach of running commands (verses GUI installer), using the same commands against the platform specific zip files also has some values. At the minimum it provides a portable solution across all operating system platforms.

Once again thanks to all who responded. I just need to sit down and try out these different options and perhaps I will make a U turn and go back to good old apt-get install solution.

Best Regards,
Sam