Re: Segmentation Fault during database restoration

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Sulman Sarwar <sulmansarwar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault during database restoration
Date: 2009-09-17 03:00:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 23:32 +0100, Sulman Sarwar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL. I have been trying to restore a
> compressed(.gz) database using

Just out of interest, how did you install PostgreSQL?

Did you install a pre-built binary? If so, from where?

Guessing from the paths, it doesn't look like you built it yourself or
used something like MacPorts, but it's better to know than guess.

I ask in particular because there have been big problems caused by
building PostgreSQL as a universal binary. It seems to be important to
configure it and build it only for the architecture you're actually
using. That probably goes for ia32 vs x86_64 as well as ppc32/ppc64 .

--
Craig Ringer