Java Triggers

From: "Jimbo1" <jamestheboarder(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java Triggers
Date: 2006-06-01 13:34:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

I'm a very competent Oracle developer, but have never used Postgres.
There's currently a project taking place where I'm working that is
developing on an Oracle database, but could potentially be migrated to
an open source database in the future; possibly Postgres.

There are two questions currently being asked about Postgres:

1. Can it support triggers?
2. Can it support Java Triggers (Java in the database trigger body)?

I know the answer to the first question is a definite "Yes". However, I
don't know the answer to the second.

Please can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

James