Peformance of Update

From: <whchung(at)popularworld(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Peformance of Update
Date: 2003-08-11 11:33:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
Currently we are using postgresql 7.3 with Redhat linux 9. We find that when we try to execute 200,000 update statement through JDBC, the performance of degraded obviously for each update statement when comparing with less update statement(eg. 5000). Is there any suggestion that we can improve the performance for executing update statement at postgresql ? Thanks.

Regards,
Ricky.