[Pljava-dev] Problem with pljava-1.4.3 on Windows x86_64

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Problem with pljava-1.4.3 on Windows x86_64
Date: 2011-11-23 11:17:33
Lists: pljava-dev

Talha Bin Rizwan <talha.rizwan at enterprisedb.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing problem with pljava-1.4.3 against postgresql-9.1 on windows
> x86_64?machine. When I try to load pljava.dll, I am getting "missing
> PG_MODULE_MAGIC" error.
[snip]
> I can get rid of this error by removing a check for?x86_64 and use a
> previous mechanism (i.e: the 'else' part) to generate the dll.
>
> Can someone explain why the dll generation mechanism has been
> changed for x86_64.

Apparently I had some trouble getting it to work when I was building
1.4.2.

The method used to build the 32bit binaries was (and probably is)
using methods deprecated, according to the mingw-w64 team.

Unfortunately, I did not blog about this and now I've forgotten the
details.

One detail is that the jvm.def file, which comes with PL/Java may not
be compatible with 64bit builds - or that may just have been an extra
caution on my part. The 64bit build (re)creates it.

Another detail is that the EDB built 64bit server for Windows is (or
was) configured with --disable-float8-byval which results in an
incompateble PG_MODULE_MAGIC.

That's all I recall at the moment,

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/