[Pljava-dev] Problem with pljava-1.4.3 on Windows x86_64

From: talha(dot)rizwan at enterprisedb(dot)com (Talha Bin Rizwan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Problem with pljava-1.4.3 on Windows x86_64
Date: 2011-11-28 07:53:57
Lists: pljava-dev

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson <
johann at 2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Talha Bin Rizwan <talha.rizwan at enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am facing problem with pljava-1.4.3 against postgresql-9.1 on windows
> > x86_64 machine. When I try to load pljava.dll, I am getting "missing
> > PG_MODULE_MAGIC" error.
> [snip]
> > I can get rid of this error by removing a check for x86_64 and use a
> > previous mechanism (i.e: the 'else' part) to generate the dll.
> >
> > Can someone explain why the dll generation mechanism has been
> > changed for x86_64.
>
> Apparently I had some trouble getting it to work when I was building
> 1.4.2.
>
> The method used to build the 32bit binaries was (and probably is)
> using methods deprecated, according to the mingw-w64 team.
>
> Unfortunately, I did not blog about this and now I've forgotten the
> details.
>
> One detail is that the jvm.def file, which comes with PL/Java may not
> be compatible with 64bit builds - or that may just have been an extra
> caution on my part. The 64bit build (re)creates it.
>
> Another detail is that the EDB built 64bit server for Windows is (or
> was) configured with --disable-float8-byval which results in an
> incompateble PG_MODULE_MAGIC.

I am building 64bit server for Windows configured
with --disable-float8-byval and I am getting following error:

+ ERROR: incompatible library "c:/inst/lib/pljava.dll": missing magic block
+ HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.

Is there any solution to this incompatibility or should I use x86_32 dll
generation mechanism to fix this problem?

thanks
-- talha