[Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows
Date: 2011-09-19 12:19:56
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

Vorarlberger <vorarlberger at gmail.com> writes:

> The codebase is pretty large, so I am not sure if I am able to
> provide a code snipped. But can anyone tell me how I can look what
> got written into the "elog (ERROR)"? because I can not see anything
> in the console. This is all you can see:

Did you check the server's log?

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue why elog(ERROR) would happen on
Linux and not Windows.

You could try to debug it with dbx from Solaris Studio on Linux and
put a break point on elog. Instructions can be found here:

http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/2010/12/11/debugging-pl-java-with-dbx

If you are able to build your own server with debug information, and
then PL/Java as well you'll have debug builds of both.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/