[Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows

From: vorarlberger at gmail(dot)com (Vorarlberger)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows
Date: 2011-09-19 08:56:39
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi!

I develop my application on windows, but the test, production env. will be
linux. On my windows box everything is working very well, but on linux I wil
receive this error:

> ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to call a PostgreSQL
backend function after an elog(ERROR) had been issued

The codebase is pretty large, so I am not sure if I am able to provide a
code snipped. But can anyone tell me how I can look what got written into
the "elog(ERROR)"? because I can not see anything in the console. This is
all you can see:

postgres at ubuntu:~/pgnetted/pgnetted-svn/PgNetted$ psql -U postgres
psql (9.1.0)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# select quick_eval($$
postgres$#
System.getProperties().put("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog",
"fatal");
postgres$# import com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.*;
postgres$# import com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.*;
postgres$# import net.sourceforge.pgnetted.*;
postgres$#
postgres$# WebClient webClient = new
WebClient(BrowserVersion.FIREFOX_3_6); // <- this line is raising the
exception!!
postgres$# print("END");
postgres$# $$);
ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to call a PostgreSQL
backend function after an elog(ERROR) had been issued
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "quick_eval" line 7 at assignment
postgres=#

If we comment the bad line, everything is fine again:
postgres=# select stdout from quick_eval($$
postgres$#
System.getProperties().put("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog",
"fatal");
postgres$# import com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.*;
postgres$# import com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.*;
postgres$# import net.sourceforge.pgnetted.*;
postgres$#
postgres$# //WebClient webClient = new
WebClient(BrowserVersion.FIREFOX_3_6);
postgres$# print("END");
postgres$# $$);

stdout
--------
END +

This problem is not existent on windows ... strange ...

??? no idea ...

Any hint is welcome!

Thanks and cheers
Chris