[Pljava-dev] Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro
Date: 2011-05-21 12:37:40
Lists: pljava-dev

Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> writes:

> I never seem to stop having fun with pljava...
>
> I had the 64-bit version of pljava working on Windows 7, but now I'm
> trying to install it on a different Windows 7 system and I'm getting
> the following error. Does this make sense to anyone?

Only if you are accidentally using an old binary. Please re-download
from the site and try again.

> ERROR: incompatible library "C:/Program Files
> (Open)/Kodak/Intersystem/Postgres/lib/pljava.dll": missing magic block
> Hint: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: incompatible
> library "C:/Program Files
> (Open)/Kodak/Intersystem/Postgres/lib/pljava.dll": missing magic block
> Hint: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
>
> Also, I'm having a really hard time getting pljava to work on Windows
> XP - but that is a story for another day...

Any particular errors you can share with us? The 32bit binaries are
compiled on 7 - I hope that's not the issue.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/