Re: Performance monitor

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>, Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance monitor
Date: 2001-03-13 15:36:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> My idea is that they can telnet into the server machine and do remote-X
> with the application. Just set the DISPLAY variable and it should work.

Well, actually you would want to tunnel your X session through ssh if
security of the database server is of any importance... But this works
fine on high bandwidth connections, but X is a real pain if you are sitting
with low bandwidth(e.g. cellphone connection when you're in the middle of
nowhere on your favorite vacation ;-)

regards,

Gunnar