Re: Re(2): Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Philip Neukom <pneukom(at)ProfitAnalytics(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re(2): Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent
Date: 2002-02-06 18:23:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Philip,

> This might be interesting but I would need to figure out what PHP is
> and if
> it in the default install of OSX.1. I know that Apache is there.
> Marc L.'s
> postgres 7.1.3 install works well too. Would that entail compiling
> phpPgAdmin for OSX?

PHP is a Web Scripting language. You install it with Apache. I don't
know what the default OSX Server install comes with.

If you have to install it yourself, be careful; PHP by default connects
only with MySQL and needs to be compiled for Postgres support. See
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/ for some help.

Once PHP/Apache/Postgres is set up, phpPgAdmin is easy ... you just
copy it to a folder under your Web Root, and it works.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533