COPY FROM function

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY FROM function
Date: 2002-02-06 21:12:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have 2 questions concerning COPY FROM:

1 - I've successfully imported a comma-delimited file that contain no
quotes (" "). I now have to import a FileMaker export where all fields
contain quotes. How do I setup COPY to accept this

2 - Is there a way to import to only certain fields using the COPY FROM
function? Or would I need to import to a temp table and do an insert to
the main table.

Ex: CREATE TABLE tb1 (
F1 int4,
F2 varchar(255),
F3 varchar(10),
F4 varchar(55)
);

I may only want to import data into F1, F3 and F4.

Thanks in advance

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer