Re: Deadlock with one table - PostgreSQL is doing it right

From: "Rakesh Kumar" <rakeshkumar464(at)mail(dot)com>
To: "Hans Schou" <hans(dot)schou(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deadlock with one table - PostgreSQL is doing it right
Date: 2017-12-21 20:50:17
Lists: pgsql-general

> The tool Im using is "sqlplus". By default you are always in a transaction and
> auto-commit only occur on exit.

Its been a while since I worked with oracle. I remember I use to add the following two lines at the top:
SET AUTOCOMMIT OFF
whenever SQLERROR EXIT ROLLBACK

IIRC, adding the above ensures that at the first error, oracle will rollback all changes , unless you add a DDL in the transaction which auto commits all changes.