Re: Foreign Data Wrapper

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Foreign Data Wrapper
Date: 2017-12-21 20:50:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/21/2017 5:14 AM, Virendra Shaktawat - Quipment India wrote:

> odbc_fdw

please don't top post, and please don't use graphics and HTML in your
email, this is a text based mailling list adhering to bottom/interleaved
posting standards.

While I'm not directly familiar with odbc_fdw, I suspect its a 'read
only' FDW

is that this odbc_fdw?  https://github.com/ZhengYang/odbc_fdw
that was developed for pg 9.1 when ALL fdw's were read only as it was
brand new technology. since this defines the foreign table via a query,
well, there's no WAY it could be used to do an update.

this updated fork, https://github.com/CartoDB/odbc_fdw  runs on newer
postgres, but also is based on a select statement, you can't UPDATE a
resultset...