[Pljava-dev] pl/java and oracle compatibility

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pl/java and oracle compatibility
Date: 2005-02-22 21:49:46
Lists: pljava-dev

Rodrigo Foscarini wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> I'm developing Oracle Database Triggers and Stored Procedures in Java.
> I'm testing PL/Java Database Triggers in Postgresql 8.0.1.
> Stored Functions are OK, mas database triggers are not compatible.
> I read on gname that Oracle don't use java standards.
> Is possible pl/java and oracle compatibility ?
> Regards
> Rodrigo Foscarini

It's certainly possible to create an Oracle compatibility layer that
makes the transition much easier. I'm not sure if it's possible to make
it 100% compatible. Do you have some brief text somewhere that describes
the Oracle trigger Java API? It's been a while since I last looked at it.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren