[Pljava-dev] ERROR: must be superuser to examine "dynamic_library_path"

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] ERROR: must be superuser to examine "dynamic_library_path"
Date: 2004-12-16 07:35:56
Lists: pljava-dev

Guy,

>I've granted "All" to "public" on both the sqlj and javatest schemas.
>But whenever I try to run any javatest functions as a user other than
>postgres, I get the subject message. Is it possible to configure this
>so that I don't need to grant superuser privilege to every user that
>wants to execute Java stored procedures?

I'm afraid that you've encountered a bug. It will be fairly easy to fix
since the code that attempts the access is obsolete. I should have
removed it long ago. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll supply a patch
for it later this week.

If you have the source for the latest beta and know how to compile, you
can comment out the lines 368 and 370 in src/C/pljava/type/Backend.c.
That should fix the problem.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren