finding out about databases and tables

From: "Ken Gerdes" <Ken(dot)Gerdes(at)lottery(dot)state(dot)tx(dot)us>
To: <Pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: finding out about databases and tables
Date: 2002-04-03 20:10:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am relatively new to Postgresql. I have Postgresql running on a Linux server, and I need to find out the names of all databases, and all tables within those databases, so I can start querying for data, and spool those results to a file for export. Can someone please tell me what commands I should run as a root user to find out this information, and query the databases for spooling to a file?

Thanks,

Ken