novice question about NOTICE:...

From: Lloyd Vancil <lev(at)apple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: novice question about NOTICE:...
Date: 2002-04-03 20:36:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tried to search the novice archives and the engine just never
returns an answer. This is probably a pretty common question so I
hope I'll get a quick answer.

I have two tables cgidat and tierdat.
I want to select all occurrences of data in cgidat where
cgidat.state = testing and cgidat.lang = tierdat.lang and
tierdat.tier = 0

so I did

select oid, lang from cgidat where cgidat.state = 'testing' and
cgidat.lang = tiredat.lang and tierdat.tier = '0' order by lang;

I get the expected results but I also get
Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "tierdat"

Huh?

Thanks
Lloyd

--