[Pljava-dev] Windows Binaries (was: Problem with PLJava on production machine)

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows Binaries (was: Problem with PLJava on production machine)
Date: 2011-04-15 23:52:06
Lists: pljava-dev

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:41:12 -0000, Eric Kolotyluk
<eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to intrude on your discussion...
>
> Is the 64-bit verson of PL/Java for Windows 64-bit or for Postgres
> 64-bit.

When (if?) I build 64bit binaries, it will be for a 64bit Postgres server.

> I tried getting the 32-bit version of PL/Java to run on Windows 64-bit
> with a 32-bit version of Postgres, but could not get that to work
> because the loader kept trying to link the 32-bit DLLs against 64-bit
> Windows libraries.

Windows libraries? Are you sure it was not just a 64 bit JRE in your path
it was linking against?

Can you be explicit about which libraries?

> I need to be able to run PL/Java on both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit
> Windows.

Yes. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a machine capable of running
64bit Windows so I can't test it at the moment.

A question: Does it matter whether Windows binaries are distributed in a
tar.gz file or the traditional .zip? I'm only asking because the build
system makes a .tar.gz file.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/