[Pljava-dev] Windows Binaries

From: eric(dot)kolotyluk at gmail(dot)com (Eric Kolotyluk)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows Binaries
Date: 2011-04-16 00:18:18
Lists: pljava-dev

Below...

On 2011-04-15 4:52 PM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:41:12 -0000, Eric Kolotyluk
> <eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry to intrude on your discussion...
>>
>> Is the 64-bit verson of PL/Java for Windows 64-bit or for Postgres
>> 64-bit.
>
> When (if?) I build 64bit binaries, it will be for a 64bit Postgres
> server.
>
>> I tried getting the 32-bit version of PL/Java to run on Windows
>> 64-bit with a 32-bit version of Postgres, but could not get that to
>> work because the loader kept trying to link the 32-bit DLLs against
>> 64-bit Windows libraries.
>
> Windows libraries? Are you sure it was not just a 64 bit JRE in your
> path it was linking against?
Well, I used a tool called PE Explorer to explore the PL/Java DLL, and
it showed that Windows was trying to link against 64 bit system libraries.

I do have both 64-bit and 32-bit Java on my machine, so I will try to
check for that next time.

> Can you be explicit about which libraries?
>
>> I need to be able to run PL/Java on both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit
>> Windows.
>
> Yes. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a machine capable of
> running 64bit Windows so I can't test it at the moment.
I have lots of machines running 64-bit windows if that helps :-)

> A question: Does it matter whether Windows binaries are distributed
> in a tar.gz file or the traditional .zip? I'm only asking because the
> build system makes a .tar.gz file.

I have 7-zip, which seems to be able to open most anything.

Cheers, Eric