[Pljava-dev] Windows binaries

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows binaries
Date: 2011-01-24 18:23:39
Lists: pljava-dev

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:13:10 -0000, Eric Kolotyluk
<eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dependency Walker reports that jvm.dll, msvcr71.dll, and msvcr90.dll are
> all x86 - as is pljava.dll and all the other postgres DLLs. Why would
> the DLLs need to be 64-bit?

Sorry, I thought you were running a 64bit PostgreSQL server.

> I am using Java 6.

Which is fine.

> I have copied hpi.dll, verify.dll, java.dll, and zip.dll to the lib
> directory. I could not find dbx_agent.dll

Which is normal, you don't need dbx_agent.

> Again, why would it expect 64 bit DLLs when I am running 32-bit postgres
> and 32-bit Java?

I have no idea. To reverse my previous statement: it seems to be finding
64bit DLLs where it exects 32bits.

> However, Dependency Walker is listing a lot of other 64-bit DLLs for
> some reason.

> jvm.dll is in the same directory as pljava.dll. At first it was not and
> Dependency Walker complained it was missing, so I added it and
> Dependency Walker stopped complaining.

This is beyond my expertiese with Windows, I do not really know how it
finds DLLs (I thought it used PATH) and I'm afraid I can't help you much
further. I would at this point be asking in Windows specific forums
and/or real time chats such as ##windows on the Freenode irc network.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/