[Pljava-dev] Priorities for pljava binaries

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Priorities for pljava binaries
Date: 2011-01-20 19:00:57
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:16:55 -0000, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>
wrote:

> I've had to build pljava to run on Sun Solaris on Sparc, X86, and IBM
> AIX on Power. all these were with Postgres 8.4. Sadly, all this was
> done on secure internal systems, and I'm not allowed to share any of the
> results. I believe I did post some stuff on this email list about what
> it took to get it working on Solaris, with Sun Studio C etc.

I've myself used it on Solaris amd64, though compiled with gcc. I'm
working on another C module I've built against x86 PG 9.0 on Linux with
the Sun (now Solaris) Studio 12.2 C compiler. If there are any issues on
Solaris with Studio I'll fix them. Sadly I'm using 11 Express and can't
make Solaris 10 binaries at the moment and unfortunately I do not have
access to Sparc or Power machines.

Right now I'm working on Linux binaries, both amd64 and i686. Next I'll
take a look at what I can do about Windows. My CPU does not have that
virtualization thingy so I'm not sure I can run it in VirtualBox.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/