Re: [SQL] Strange behavior

From: Christophe Labouisse <labouiss(at)cybercable(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Strange behavior
Date: 1999-04-27 18:35:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

> > Well I guess that's it since \377 in fr_FR is ÿ (ydierisis).
>
> And I suppose that sorts before, or the same as, plain y? Oops.

Yep.

> As a temporary measure you could rebuild with USE_LOCALE turned on;
> the parser code is set up not to generate the <= clause if that's
> defined. But we need a better solution.

Hmm that's strange I though I compiled already with locale
enabled. Here is the configure line from config.status :

# ./configure --with-tcl --with-perl --with-odbc --with-CC=/opt/pgcc/bin/gcc --
with-CXX=/opt/pgcc/bin/g++ --enable-locale

That's should be good no ?

Anyway I'll check it again. Anyway I think that even without locale
this optimization can lead to incorrect result if you have a a field
starting with \377.

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 167 bytes