Re: [HACKERS] The new globe

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (Michael Meskes)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The new globe
Date: 1999-10-13 21:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:
^^^

> First of all, great work. I love it. Just some minor nitpits:

Why do so many people like such a simple graphic? :-)

> My mail address while correct in the text is incorrect in the graphic. The
> mail address listed there is no longer valid, so mail may bounce.

Hmmm - the address in the graphic, the one in the text and
the mailto: hyperlink on it are all the same:
<meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> - or do I need new glasses?

> As for the text, I have done next to nothing for multi-byte support. I guess
> this one's incorrect.
>
> Also we list Dr. Andrew Martin (btw if we do list titles, I have a Dr. too
> :-)) as having done the ecpg interface. I don't like to offend him, but
> Andrew what part of the interface did you write? The original source was
> done by Linus Tolke AFAIK.

Now it starts, so let's grab the chance.

Well, the ~wieck developers page was just a quick hack to
demonstrate how my version would look like. But it seems to
be the right time to tidy up the entire content before I
release the lock and hand it back to Bruce and Vince. I
wondered all the time I worked on it why there's a pin for
Neil while he's not mentioned in the text at all?!?

Would ANYONE who's listed or pinned on the page/graphic, and
those who want to be, please drop me a little note including:

o the complete name, maybe title (if they want) and
location (like {in|near} Hamburg, Germany). For
locations usually unknown in the world (like Harsefeld in
my case) we use a bigger town close to that and say near.
o the LAT/LON position of their location so I don't have to
lookup everyone in my maps,
o the correct eMail address,
o and most important, the contributions they have made to
PostgreSQL.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #