Re: [HACKERS] Syntax errors in current tree

From: "D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: darcy(at)druid(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Syntax errors in current tree
Date: 1999-01-18 12:59:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> Fixed. I assume people test the patches before submission, so I don't

Not an unreasonable assumption.

> usually compile after each one. I did add some code in gram.y, and that
> was what caused the problem.

I don't think that the core maintainers should have to compile each
and every patch before committing it. However, perhaps a form letter
can go out to each new submitter asking if their patch was tested and
holding their first patch till they respond affirmatively. Once they
have a history, even of one patch, then accept their submissions as
long as they appear good.

Maybe we need a way to track this. Anyone know of a good system for
tracking this sort of BASic DATA. :-)

> Sorry. Blech (Sound of me falling on my sword. :-))

That's OK. I just hope it was lying flat on the ground at the time. :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves