[Pljava-dev] Re: Deployment problem

From: ocure at univ-mlv(dot)fr (ocure)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: Deployment problem
Date: 2005-03-16 15:02:26
Lists: pljava-dev

Thomas Hallgren <thhal <at> mailblocks.com> writes:

> ocure wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I'm having a hard time at deployment time.
> > The javatest schema is not created after the following query :
> > SELECT
> > sqlj.install_jar('file:///home/olive/_devj/pljava/examp.jar','exa',True);
> > I copied the examples.ddr in the examp.jar
> >
> > After struggling with the system, I also obtained the following error :
> > ERROR: relation with OID 150594 does not exist
> >
> > Where can I get some information on schema and deployment.
>
> You can ask specific questions in this forum.
>
> You stand a better chance of accurate advice if you provide some more
> info such as the backend error-log, exactly when you encounter what
> problem, platform in use, Java version, PostgreSQL version, and PL/Java
> version, etc.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Platform : Linux Slackware 10
Java 1.5
Postgresql 8.0
PLjava : 1.1.0b1
For the schema problem, I'm doing the following things from a state where the
schema sqlj is present :
create a new DB mydb4
java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -database mydb4
sqlj.install_jar('file:///home/olive/_devj/pljava/examp.jar','exa',True);

Am i right to thin k that the javatest schema (supposed to be created via the
examp.jar) should be visible now with \dn ?