[Pljava-dev] Re: Deployment problem

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: Deployment problem
Date: 2005-03-16 16:01:11
Lists: pljava-dev

ocure wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal <at> mailblocks.com> writes:
>

>>ocure wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>I'm having a hard time at deployment time.
>>>The javatest schema is not created after the following query :
>>>SELECT
>>>sqlj.install_jar('file:///home/olive/_devj/pljava/examp.jar','exa',True);
>>>I copied the examples.ddr in the examp.jar
>>>
>>>After struggling with the system, I also obtained the following error :
>>>ERROR: relation with OID 150594 does not exist
>>>
>>>Where can I get some information on schema and deployment.
>>>

>>You can ask specific questions in this forum.
>>
>>You stand a better chance of accurate advice if you provide some more
>>info such as the backend error-log, exactly when you encounter what
>>problem, platform in use, Java version, PostgreSQL version, and PL/Java
>>version, etc.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Thomas Hallgren
>>

>Platform : Linux Slackware 10
>Java 1.5
>Postgresql 8.0
>PLjava : 1.1.0b1
>For the schema problem, I'm doing the following things from a state where the
>schema sqlj is present :
>create a new DB mydb4
>java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -database mydb4
>sqlj.install_jar('file:///home/olive/_devj/pljava/examp.jar','exa',True);
>
>Am i right to thin k that the javatest schema (supposed to be created via the
>examp.jar) should be visible now with \dn ?

I'm not sure what the "examp.jar" is supposed to be here. The java
distro comes with an "examples.jar" that contains a manifest that
appoints a deployment descriptor that in turn will create the javatest
schema. That schema will be visible using \dn.

Do you get an error when you run the sqlj.install_jar? If not, can you
see that tables are created by watching the backend log? Typically you
should see "CREATE TABLE javatest.employees1" ... in the log.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren