Re: Failing streaming replication on PostgreSQL 14

From: Nicolas Seinlet <nicolas(at)seinlet(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failing streaming replication on PostgreSQL 14
Date: 2024-04-16 07:56:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

> What exactly is "cyphered ZFS"? Can you reproduce the problem with some
> other filesystem? If it's something very unusual, it might well be a
> bug in the filesystem.

The filesystem is openzfs with native aes-256-gcm encryption:
https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/man/master/7/zfsprops.7.html#encryption

I've not tested if we get the same issue on another filesystem.

I don't face the issue on Ubuntu 20.04/openzfs 0.8/PostgreSQL 12, but I have fewer systems with this deployment.
On Ubuntu 22.04/openzfs 2.1.5/PostgreSQL 14, I face the issue from time to time, without knowing what triggers the error.

thanks for helping,

Nicolas.

Attachment Content-Type Size
publickey - nicolas@seinlet.com - 0xCAEB7FAF.asc application/pgp-keys 653 bytes