Re: First Author?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Georgios <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First Author?
Date: 2021-05-25 11:28:48
Lists: pgsql-translators

On 24.05.21 11:49, Georgios wrote:
> I am very happy to see that several of my translation
> attempts are now part of the code base.
>
> However they all lack First Author information. I had
> not filled in that one as I felt it was not my place
> to do so although in retrospect I should have asked
> first. I had filled the email field though to make the
> committer's life easier.

The tools that generate these template files produce a bunch of things
that we don't really need. So feel free to set it up as you want. But
if you choose to not fill it in, don't just leave the template there,
just delete it.

Personally, I am now leaning toward trimming the header comments to a
minimum. Authorship tracking etc. can be done via Git.