Re: [Pljava-dev] postgres 9.6 and pljava?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] postgres 9.6 and pljava?
Date: 2017-05-03 07:59:25
Lists: pljava-dev

On 4/20/2017 1:32 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 4/20/2017 12:05 PM, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> You should be able to build for 9.6 by checking out the
>> REL1_5_STABLE branch. There's an outstanding issue involving
>> pg_upgrade that I still have to look at, but if you don't run
>> into that you should be ok.
>

> ok, thanks, that worked (at least, its compiled and installed... I'm
> leaving it up to the app developer to do the final testing)

and indeed, our pljava app is working fine, on a centos 6.x platform
with postgres 9.6 and openjdk 1.8, using the pljava stable I fetched
from git on the 20th and built. this app uses oracle jdbc to connect
to a remote oracle database and move select data to the local
postgres... it was originally written in oracle pljava to move from
oracle to oracle but was ported to postgres pljava with no major code
changes.

so, chalk that up as a beta test, suggesting its in good shape to
unleash 1.5.1 :)