pgadmin4 + SSH Tunnel

From: Daryl Roche <droche(at)bcchr(dot)ubc(dot)ca>
To: "'pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin4 + SSH Tunnel
Date: 2018-07-13 00:05:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I have no problem connecting without SSL to my postgresql server utilizing an ssh tunnel, but if I try to enable SSL for the postgresql db connection with verify-ca it doesn't work. I'm supplying the root certificate, but we don't use client certificates for authentication, only username/password. I'm able to get this same setup working in sqlworkbench, but for some reason, I'm not able to use SSL for the DB connection using verify-ca supplying only the root.crt. Do I need to be using client certificate authentication for SSL to work for the db connection.

Daryl Roche
Systems Administrator, Research IM.IT
BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
University of British Columbia
604-875-2345 x4648 | droche(at)bcchr(dot)ubc(dot)ca