Re: Master-master replication with PostgreSQL

From: "Rob Collins" <rob(dot)list(at)agiledata(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Master-master replication with PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-04-16 13:44:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Dimitri

To clarify the requirement: much like you, we're not looking for synchronous
replication, which would be too slow. The branches and central server can be
different for about 5 to 10 minutes. But the branches need to be able to
function independently if the network or central goes down. Londiste looks
interesting, though the documentation seems a bit sparse. Is it really that
simple to set up, or is there a fair amount of trial and error in the setup
process?

Best wishes

Rob