Re: 8.1.2 postmaster died

From: "Talha Khan" <talha(dot)amjad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ed Loehr" <ed(at)loehrtech(dot)com>
Cc: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1.2 postmaster died
Date: 2006-11-08 21:23:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Ed,

I don't think its pgsql thats sending the SIGKILL its being done by the OS.
The reason can only be confirmed after looking at your log files but the
probability is that your OS ran out of memory and in order to protect itself
it had to kill the processes that were taking a lot of memory thus ended up
killing pgsql processes. Its just a hunch that i have but the reason can
only be confirmed after seeing your logs.

Regards
Talha Khan