Re: BDR: changing dsn on a running node

From: Sylvain MARECHAL <marechal(dot)sylvain2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BDR: changing dsn on a running node
Date: 2016-10-11 16:55:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 07/10/2016 à 23:54, Natan Abolafya a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to change the dsn connection string of a node without
> leaving the group? I couldn’t find the related documentation
> unfortunately.
>
> We’re using BDR in a dynamic environment where the hostname/ip of a
> node may be changed any time. Leaving and rejoining the BDR group
> seems to be a solution but is a bit tedious and a slow process.
>
> Natan

Hi,

Just to say I did it with bdr 0.9.3 to change the password of the
connection string.
I needed to manually modify the bdr.bdr_nodes and bdr.bdr_connections
tables for all nodes but finally it works.
What I found strange is that the changes were not replicated automatically.
(Note there is a bdr.bdr_connections_changed() stored procedure, I am
not sure this is needed, I did not use it)

My 2 cents,
Sylvain