Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, 'pgeu-general' <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM
Date: 2018-09-07 21:06:13
Lists: pgeu-general

On 04/09/18 10:54, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 04/09/18 10:23, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> as you might know, we are present at FOSDEM every year, and we sell a
>> number items during the two days. Over the past few years, we
>> constantly ran out of certain articles (plush elephants, t-shirts
>> ect), and last year FOSDEM had a nice tracker which shows how many
>> items they sold and what is available. Including nice and shiny graphs
>> of what was sold, and when, and how much.
>>
>> Unfortunately the software uses PHP and MySQL:
>>
>> https://github.com/FOSDEM/frontdesk-t-shirt_tracker
>> <https://github.com/FOSDEM/frontdesk-t-shirt_tracker>
>>
>> Does someone wants to take a shot at this, and see if this can be
>> ported to PostgreSQL? Or develop a similar system which we can use at
>> next year's FOSDEM?

Hello Andreas,

I've ported across all the MySQL stuff which I could find in the code.

I'm not in a position to do much testing - it's not clear to me how it's
all supposed to work (for example, while there's code to handle user
registration I can't find it being called from anywhere!). However, I
have it running insofar as I can under Apache on my laptop.

What should I do now? Should I push my changes back to the Github
repository (it's all on a separate branch)? - or shall I just send you a
tarball?

Thanks,

Ray.

--