Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: pgeu-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM
Date: 2018-09-08 15:10:54
Lists: pgeu-general

On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 10:06:13PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 04/09/18 10:54, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> >On 04/09/18 10:23, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> >>
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>as you might know, we are present at FOSDEM every year, and we sell a
> >>number items during the two days. Over the past few years, we constantly
> >>ran out of certain articles (plush elephants, t-shirts ect), and last
> >>year FOSDEM had a nice tracker which shows how many items they sold and
> >>what is available. Including nice and shiny graphs of what was sold, and
> >>when, and how much.
> >>
> >>Unfortunately the software uses PHP and MySQL:
> >>
> >>https://github.com/FOSDEM/frontdesk-t-shirt_tracker
> >><https://github.com/FOSDEM/frontdesk-t-shirt_tracker>
> >>
> >>Does someone wants to take a shot at this, and see if this can be ported
> >>to PostgreSQL? Or develop a similar system which we can use at next
> >>year's FOSDEM?
>
> Hello Andreas,
>
> I've ported across all the MySQL stuff which I could find in the code.
>
> I'm not in a position to do much testing - it's not clear to me how it's all
> supposed to work (for example, while there's code to handle user
> registration I can't find it being called from anywhere!). However, I have
> it running insofar as I can under Apache on my laptop.
>
> What should I do now? Should I push my changes back to the Github repository
> (it's all on a separate branch)? - or shall I just send you a tarball?

I'd love to see the branch.

Separately, there are some pretty frightening SQL injection ports that
are fundamental to the operation of the current thing. These should
probably be fixed in a PR to the good people of FOSDEM. I guess since
I'm the one who whinged, I should at least try to fix it.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!