Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Erica Zhang <ericazhangy2021(at)qq(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists
Date: 2024-10-14 13:08:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 26.09.24 11:01, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Attached is a v7 which address a test failure in the CI. It turns out that the
> test_misc module gather GUC names using the :alpha: character class which only
> allows alphabetic whereas GUC names can have digits in them. The 0001 patch
> fixes this by instead using the :alnum: character class which allows all
> alphanumeric characters. This is not directly related to this patch, it just
> happened to be exposed by it.

If we are raising the minimum version to OpenSSL 1.1.1, couldn't we then
remove the version check introduced by commit c3333dbc0c0 ("Only perform
pg_strong_random init when required")?

FWIW, these patches generally look okay to me. I haven't done much
in-depth checking, but overall everything looks sensible. I think Jacob
already provided more in-depth reviews, but let me know if you need
anything else on this.