History in the postgres monitor

From: michael_walzl(at)yahoo(dot)de (Michael Walzl)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: History in the postgres monitor
Date: 2002-10-27 15:08:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everybody,

I installed SuSE Linux 8.1 with bash shell.
When I am in the console I can retrieve the
last command by pressing the up arrowkey and
the autocomplete function works with the tab key
as normal. This works fine in the mysql monitor
too, but not in the postgres monitor.
When i start it by typing "psql test" then i
get strange typings when i press the arrow keys.
What could this be?
So I must retype every SQL-Statement from the
beginning, if I made a wrong type.

I installed the Version 7.2.3 of Postgres right
now with the default settings:
./configure
make
make install