LDAP Configuration

From: "Anjul Tyagi" <anjul(at)ibosstech-us(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LDAP Configuration
Date: 2020-04-01 10:29:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Team,

we are implementing the LDAP authentication and we are able to connect
with LDAP and able to authenticate the user with that. However we have 2
type of users, one - corporate users and available of Active Directory
and second application user, which is used by different application to
connect with database.

Below entry i did in the pg_hba.conf file, if i create user in DB
(similar exist on AD) it works. However if i create one user with
password, it calls the LDAP server for authentication and fails as it
does not exists in AD.

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 ldap
ldapserver=<LDAL Server> ldapbasedn="OU=Corporate,DC=etch,dc=com"
ldapbinddn="CN=AdSyncAcct,OU=Service Accounts,DC=etch,DC=com"
ldapbindpasswd="Password" ldapsearchattribute="sAMAccountName"

we are using the postgres 10.10 version.

can you please suggest the pg_hba.conf file entry, that will help us to
authenticate the users from LDAP and from postgres as well.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green