Re[2]: No credit for translators?

From: "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>, pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re[2]: No credit for translators?
Date: 2023-03-10 09:40:06
Lists: pgsql-translators

>On 09.03.23 23:17, Dennis Björklund wrote:
>>In the end of each Release notes there is this section:
>>
>>"The following individuals (in alphabetical order) have contributed to this release as patch authors, committers, reviewers, testers, or reporters of issues."
>>
>>It would be nice for translators to be included in the list of names as well. It's quite a lot of work to do a translation after all.
>
>This is of course true.
>
>The release notes credits are basically composed from the commit logs.
>
>If we want to add translators as well, we need to come up with a reliable way to collect everybody's names, including from mailing lists, direct commits, bug tracker, as well as names of people who have helped behind the scenes but are "represented" here by a single individual.
>
>Now is a good time to start thinking about this.

I think we already de-facto have people responsible for a language(s). I
believe they should know all other persons involved. For example, I can
easily give you a list of translators to Ukrainian.

After we collect those lists, maybe, it's a good idea to put those under
version control for a current DEV branch. After official release, wipe
it out and start from the scratch.