Postgres and MySQL Rosetta stone??

From: leonardz <leonardz(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres and MySQL Rosetta stone??
Date: 2008-01-09 18:19:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I am reading through HeadFirst SQL (an OReilly book) which uses
specific MySQLisms in its examples. I use postgres on our databases.
Some examples are easy to work around, some are not .

Is there a rosetta stone (table of commands in one and equivalents
inthe other) available?

In particular, MySQl seems to have richer string functions to parse
out sub strings and als trim a string for automatic table insertion
from long multifield strings.

Thanks.