Re: CREATE DATABASE

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Rafal Pietrak" <rafal(at)zorro(dot)isa-geek(dot)com>, "pgsql-general General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE DATABASE
Date: 2006-08-03 20:44:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/4/06, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
[...]
> BTW, difference vanishes due to expression power of SQL -
> it supports session comands in the same context as DDL commands and
> data manipulation stmts (SQL:200n, 4.33.2.5 'SQL-connection
> statements').

Sorry, I already see my failure. It is in the fact that Postgres
doesn't support that connection statements yet (but some connection
things are supported - like changing the CURRENT_ROLE).

So, my previous message is interesting only from theoretical point of
view. I always try to thing in the manner of SQL standard or use
knowledge from books/university ...

But the logic is clear, isn't it? Connection is not client operation.
I think that Rafal's proposal is quite interesting (I experience the
same difficulties every time. There was several wrong DROP DATABASE in
my career... :-) )

--
Best regards,
Nikolay