Re: posgres tunning

From: "Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: posgres tunning
Date: 2007-08-19 15:38:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On 19/08/07, Gavin M. Roy <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com> wrote:
> We use PHP, but think of it as a universal PgSQL proxy.. If you connect to
> a connection you setup in pgBouncer via psql, it looks like a normal
> database. Nothing is different in your code but where you connect (for us,
> it's the same as our core DB server on a different server). Let me know if
> that answers your question, would be happy to elaborate further if needed.

Thanks much Gavin. That's useful info. Is it easy to set up without
breaking a live, production pgsql environment? I don't mind a quick
restart but significant downtime may not be an option.

I guess this may be too much, but would you have some PHP code you
could share? I like the idea of connecting to pgbouncer as though it
were a db, but it's unclear how that would get me to my tables in my
real db?

TIA!