Re: VB6 ODBC

From: Tom Goodman <tomgoodman(at)mhproez(dot)com>
To: Jaap Van Oosten <jaapvanoosten(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "Pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <Pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "jaapoosten(at)gmail(dot)com" <jaapoosten(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: VB6 ODBC
Date: 2018-05-31 16:33:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Jaap,

To connect a VB6 application to PostgreSQL you need the 32 bit ODBC
driver even when Windows is 64 bit.

So pick-up the x86 version of the driver from
https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/ and install it.

Verify that you have the 32 bit driver installed by:

    Running the 32 bit version of ODBC Data Source Administration
c:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

    Look at the Drivers tab to see PostgreSQL ODBC

Note that if you installed the 64 bit driver it will appear in the 64
bit version of ODBC Data Source Administration
c:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe

Tom

Tom Goodman, email TomGoodman(at)MHProEZ(dot)com <mailto:TomGoodman(at)MHProEZ(dot)com>
1406 Tenth St., Bay City, MI 48708, USA, Phone 989 893 1450
* God grant me the serenity to accept the code I cannot change
* the courage to change the code I can change
* and the wisdom to know the difference